Keep our laboratory – 225 metres below ground level – in excellent condition!
Go underground as Operations and Safety Supervisor!
EURIDICE (www.euridice.be) manages and operates the underground laboratory HADES (High Activity Disposal Experimental Site). In this laboratory, scientists develop and test industrial technologies for constructing, operating and sealing off a nuclear disposal facility in deep clay layers. They perform large-scale and long-term experiments in 'real' conditions to evaluate the safety and feasibility of geological disposal.
As Operations and Safety Supervisor, you will keep our underground laboratory and the corresponding underground and above-ground installations, including experimental set-ups (such as the PRACLAY heather test set-up), operational and safe.
- You give both technical and safety-related advice as well as information and support during the preparation and execution of all activities and experiments. You adjust the existing infrastructure if necessary.
- You monitor the inspections of our installations and tools and ensure that the necessary maintenance works are carried out.
- You coordinate the engineering works related to the technical/scientific projects and activities of EURIDICE and/or SCK•CEN. You follow up all activities performed by external companies.
- You ensure the follow-up and execution of all tasks according to the operations, environment and nuclear permit, the prevailing legislation and regulations and internal instructions and procedures.
- You are part of the management team, together with the director, the EURIDICE team manager and the science and communication supervisor.