Due to new projects within the procurement department of SCK•CEN, we are on the lookout for additional employees.
The main responsibilities of a Category buyer/Business partner are as follows:
• in consultation with the internal customer, you will carry out an analysis of the internal needs, draw up specifications, help select potential suppliers, draw up price requests and examine the quotations. This will involve challenging the different parties in order to achieve an optimal result;
• you act in accordance with public procurement legislation and follow the internal procedures;
• you maintain contact with suppliers and internal customers both by telephone and in writing;
• you offer support to the Procurement manager;
• you are responsible for and a specialist in the product categories assigned to you;
• as a Business partner, you represent the procurement department for your internal customers;
• you participate in the development and optimisation of the SCK•CEN procurement department;
• you see orders through, from start to finish (from request to invoice).
• a professional bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical or economic field;
• 3 years of experience in the procurement process;
• knowledge of public procurement legislation is a bonus, a willingness to learn more about this is vital. If necessary, in-depth training can be followed;
• experience with SAP is a bonus;
• a strong personality, drive and the ability to cope well under stress;
• a strong analytical and numerical aptitude and the ability to get to the bottom of cases independently;
• precision and efficiency, the ability to take initiative, strong organisational and administrative skills;
• autonomy and a sense of responsibility with the necessary flexibility for changing priorities;
• good reporting and presentation skills;
• team player, communicative and an ability to make contacts easily;
• technical support is a bonus;
• good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
• good knowledge of French and English.