SCK•CEN is developing the multi-purpose irradiation facility MYRRHA, a flexible fast spectrum research infrastructure conceived as an Accelerator Driven System (ADS). It consists of a 600 MeV proton linear accelerator (linac) which drives a lead-bismuth cooled sub-critical reactor. According to the MYRRHA phased implementation plan, a first facility will be constructed at SCK•CEN in Mol, composed of a 100 MeV proton linac coupled to a Proton Target Facility. This facility, contains an Isotope Separation On-Line (ISOL) target station for fundamental research and for the production of medical radioisotopes as well as a target station for fusion material research. In the ISOL facility, isotopes are produced in thick targets via proton-induced reactions, and delivered to experiments in the form of radioactive ion beams (RIB).
In the framework of this project, the Institute for Advanced Nuclear Systems (ANS), is looking for an electromechanical engineer with experience in remote handling. The selected candidate will join the Proton Target Research (PTR) unit of the Accelerator Project (ACP) group.
You will work within the PTF systems team within the Proton Target Research (PTR) unit having the following tasks and responsibilities:
• Define the requirements for the remote handling systems supplying the facility for the operations with the modules of the ISOL system and the other modules of the PTF facility;
• Provide input and contribute to the design of various remotely-manipulated modules of the ISOL system (beam diagnostics, front-end, collimator, beam dump, etc.) and other modules on the PTF facility;
• Define the remote manipulation of the modules;
• Define the procedures for the maintenance of various ISOL components and systems;
• Contribute to the integration of the systems within the PTF, managing the different interfaces with the other systems, teams and groups;
• As an interface with the hot-cells designers, provide input and contribute to the design of the hot cells;
• Define the normative framework for the system design and the components selection also in accordance with results of the safety classification of components.
• Master in electromechanical engineering;
• Experience of working in a nuclear facility;
• Experience with design and/or operation of remote handled components/systems and their manipulation in hot-cells;
• Knowledge on design and/or operation of hot-cells;
• Experience with design and/or integration of systems under high vacuum;
• Experience in remote handling in radioactive environments represents an added value;
• Good communication and coordination skills;
• Ability to draw-up technical specifications and reports in English.
• Experience with 3d modeling environment;
• Experience in producing P&IDs and technical drawings.