We are currently looking for a dismantling engineer to strengthen the unit “Dismantling & Decontamination”. You will be part of a dismantling team of 30 colleagues, among whom engineers, subject specialists, mechanics, electricians and operators.
As a dismantling engineer, you will be in charge of the clean-up of facilities and will be responsible or interventions. Concretely, you will have the following duties:
- study the dismantling of facilities, equipment and test rigs;
- draw up procedures, safety and licensing dossiers, ALARA studies and terms of reference;
- prepare work sites, draw concept of specific hardware, manage provisioning, ensure the follow-up of production and assembly;
- full project management, including the organisation, planning and follow-up of work sites, optimization of radiation protection (ALARA) and dose follow-up for staff members;
- draw up progress reports and final reports of the work sites;
- support other project engineers in planning and implementing works;
- creatively and cautiously solve problems.
You meet the following requirements:
- you have a Master’s degree in Engineering Science (industrial or technical engineer) in electromechanics, mechanics or chemistry;
- strong sense of responsibility, safety and organisation;
- you are able to give directions and lead a team to good group results;
- you are creative and able to work on your own with a can-do mentality;
- you have a basic knowledge of safety and radiation protection or you are ready to follow courses about it;
- you are ready to work in controlled areas and to wear a mask and a pressure suit occasionally;
- you have a practical knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook;
- you have a good knowledge of Dutch.
The following points are not strictly considered requirements but are assets to have:
- experience in nuclear dismantling;
- practical experience in following up work sites.