The Stakeholder Manager BR2 (Belgian Reactor 2) is responsible for the marketing of the BR2 research reactor and for the relations with other users, such as internal project leaders and external customers. Furthermore, he/she is in charge of coordinating the contacts with other parties involved in carrying out irradiation programs in BR2, such as the engineering department which is in charge of the irradiation devices or the hot lab, responsible for the post-irradiation examination.
- elaborate the marketing policy for BR2 as a materials testing reactor, and also for structure materials, nuclear fuels and subsequently the hot lab. Actively lobbying in favour of signing up BR2 to experimental programmes or of introducing BR2 as partner to research organisations which make use of research reactors;
- work out, implement and maintain strategic long-term partnerships with external partners. Work further on the already started initiatives;
- operate as mediator for networks of which BR2 is part and identify the related opportunities;
- develop BR2 as a User Facility according to the model of the US Nuclear Science User Facilities (NSUF) with the support of international organisations such as EURATOM;
- produce and implement an increased use of BR2 for experiments within the various SCK•CEN strategic programme lines. More specifically: detect the needs by interacting with the strategic managers and put them into proposals for multi-purpose devices and potential experiments by interacting with the designers and builders;
- operate as the Business partner of the Business Development & Support unit for BR2 in terms of experiments.