SCK•CEN is looking for a research & innovation manager to develop a new unit with the objective to:
- develop and commercialise medical applications of radiopharmaceuticals;
- offer preclinical contract research to the pharmaceutical industry and research partners;
- manufacture specialty radiopharmaceuticals.
As research & innovation manager, you will initially use the existing infrastructure and work with staff members from existing expert groups. In a later phase, you will expand this infrastructure to create an independent unit that may evolve into a contract research organisation (CRO).
As research & innovation manager, you will report to the management board and take decisions in consultation with a Steering Committee. The job will include the following responsibilities:
- Establish a sustainable business model to serve industrial and research partners in collaboration with the Business Development & Support expert group:
- identify where our expertise, products and services can provide added value for potential customers;
- tailor the products and services to the needs of potential customers;
- define novel products and services that have market potential based on our expertise;
- establish a commercial portfolio, including industrial as well as research partners.
- Build a high-performance organisation based on the existing infrastructure and expertise:
- direct and motivate a multidisciplinary team in a matrix organisation through operational meetings;
- develop (i.e. staffing) a specialised CRO team;
- optimise and develop the research infrastructure in collaboration with the team.
- Achieve operational excellence:
- coordinate research projects, in line with the set objectives, planning, deadlines and budget, including the relevant reporting to the management board;
- manage all the elements of preclinical trials while guaranteeing compliance with the relevant legislation and quality requirements;
- perform risk management and take mitigating action.
- As research & innovation manager, you will be in charge of a group of SCK•CEN experts. The responsibilities will increase as this group evolves to an independent unit and eventually to a CRO under your leadership. Your responsibilities in the organisation will grow with the expertise of the group as does your independency in terms of the relationships with commercial customers and research partners.